Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What a day :)

Yesterday, I spent the day with Mimi while Kai was at Marine Quest Camp at UNCW and my mom was at an appointment.  We enjoyed walking downtown for about 30 minutes and decided it was way to hot to be walking.  As we were walking past a set of chairs, Mimi pointed to it and started talking and I came to the conclusion she wanted to sit down at take a much needed break.  So, she sat and I took not so good pictures of her.  The camera on my iPhone has its days and yesterday/today, were not good days for it.  
Mimi before we left to head downtown.

Mimi taking a break :)
Today.......I dropped Kai off at his 2nd day of Marine Quest Camp, while Mimi stayed at home with Mimi.  I attempted to go in lab to get a few hours worth of research done, and it didn't go so well.  Now my computer isn't recognizing the research camera and by the time I left, TAC hadn't contacted me back on how to fix it.  The last few weeks have not been going the way I wanted them to for my research and I'm so mad about it, that I can't be sad.....I'm trying my hardest to get as much done as possible this summer to "hopefully" have a shot at graduating in December and its like the more I try, the more I fall further behind.  Hopefully, once Mimi goes back to Grammie's next week, everything will get better.  Regardless if I will be in the lab five days a week from 7am-5pm and probably pulling a weekend shift with Kai in toll.  I will do what I have to do, to take advantage of the extra time I have.

Noon arrived and it was time for me to pick up Kai.  Today they traveled off to WB and did some exploring.  Their group brought back to their classroom a few small fishes, mussel, clam, and hermit crab.  It looks like they must of had themselves a blast today :)  Tomorrow they will be going to Fort Fisher to visit the aquarium.  The agenda says they will see a dive show.  I can't wait to hear from Kai about this!
Here is a picture of what the kids brought back to their classroom and Kai petting the fish :) and the teacher showing us a close up of the hermit crab!
Last night before bed, we decided to make ice cream.  As a child, I use to go to my choir teacher's house once a year and we'd make ice cream.  But she had an ice cream maker.  We, don't have an ice cream maker, but the recipe given to the Wilmington Mommies site did not call for an ice cream maker.  All I needed was three simple ingredients :)  The ice cream stayed in the freezer over night and we had it for dessert tonight.  I must say, it was surprisingly delicious and the kiddos loved it.  Yay!!

Well, that's about it for the night.  Thanks for joining us :) and have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment